Every yoga teacher has a story about how yoga changed their life & here is mine.
I was in recovery from an eating disorder that had ruled my life since I was a teenager. A dear friend kept encouraging me to “take a yoga class, take a yoga class, you’ll love it”. It took me a year but I finally went to one.
I loved it for all the reasons that people initially come to yoga. However, the one thing that made it truly transformational was that it allowed me to drop my armor. For years I had built a significant shield around myself for protection. Little did I know that my armor also functioned as a prison to keep me closed off from my feelings, friends, family and living my life.
It’s not always easy living with an open heart, it’s a daily practice. However it’s a practice that I’m fully committed to and am excited to share it with you.
- 200 hour RYT – Jivasara teacher training with Marni Task – Cleveland, Ohio – June 2009
- Jivamukti Immersion, Omega Institute – Sharon Gannon and David Life
- Jivamukti Workshop, DC
- Karma Kids Yoga Teacher Training Program – 30 hour
- 90 Monkeys – Professional Development Courses for Yoga Teachers – Amy Ippoliti
- Off the Mat into the World – Leadership Training – Seane Corn, Hala Khouri, Suzanne Sterling
- Professional Training Program – The Schatz Method™
- Yoga Journal Conference, NYC
- Yoga Alliance Conference, DC
I approach the practice of yoga in a genuine and easy to digest way. My classes start out with meditation, mantra and breath work. We then move into the physical practice – standing, balancing and opening postures. Plenty of variations and modifications are offered as well as, opportunities to rest and reconnect with your breath.
Mon • Tues • Thurs
6:00-7:15pm – All Level Flow
8:30am – 9:30am – All Level Flow
Private Yoga Sessions
One hour session – $69
(3) one hour sessions – $186
(5) one hour sessions – $310*
*BONUS (2) Quick Fixes (Head, Neck & Shoulders Thai Yoga Massages)
THIS WEEK’S THEME!
YOGA PACKAGE PRICING
$79 Monthly Yoga Membership*
- Unlimited Yoga Classes
- Save 20% on regular priced Thai Massages
- Save 20% off Little Moon Essentials products
- $5 off workshops and special classes
- 2 bonus guest passes per month
*3 month minimum commitment, auto charge/pay to your credit card each month
1 Class Drop In: $14
5 Class Pass: $59
10 Class Pass: $114 (1 bonus guest pass with purchase)
Sign up at the Studio!
THAI YOGA MASSAGE
Traditional Thai Yoga Massage is an ancient healing system that combines broad and targeted acupressure, stimulation and manipulation of energy lines called sen, palming, thumbing and assisted yoga postures.
• Relief of chronic pain and sports injuries.
• Helps promote total relaxation and stress reduction.
• Comprehensive full body treatment.
• Relieves muscular tension, improves circulation, boosts the immune system and balances the body energetically.
• Enhances the body’s natural energy flow, and promotes inner peace with a quiet mind.
QUICK FIX: HEAD, NECK AND SHOULDERS
20 minutes for $25
Wednesday’s from 4:30pm-7:00pm
Teach Your Passion. Further Your Practice.
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Dates: Fall 2017
More Information To Come!
“Laurie, my yoga instructor and my soul’s mentor. Her yoga practice is one filled with laughter, exploration, self acceptance, forgiveness and self love. Her presence is loving and she radiates it. You walk in to her class and you feel like you are in the arms of your best friend who is going to show you how amazing and lovely you really are. I absolutely love this lady and the healing powers of her light. ❤️ Namaste 🙏”
“Thank you for reminding me that:
The goal of yoga is to merge the mind into the True self,
and thus be true to yourself in all thoughts, needs and deeds.”
“What you have taught me will
continue to guide me on my lifelong journey.
Thank you so much.”
“Thank you doesn’t even begin to
express the gratitude I want to display.
You’ve been such an inspiring and extremely
helpful hand along [my] journey and
I don’t know what I could ever do to repay you.”
“I couldn’t imagine my yoga journey without you.
Your guidance, compassion & wisdom have
helped me more than you will ever know.”
“I learned from you that I was enough,
flaws and all. Through your weekly encouragement
and thought provoking observances,
I slowly started to find myself again.
And I found my strength again.”
I’d love to hear from you! Please don’t hesitate to reach out with questions, scheduling inquiries, or just to say “hello”.
© 2016 LAURIE MYERS YOGA, LLC ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.